Mobile EU Regulation Changes 15th June 2017
From Thursday 15th June, charges for roaming are changing, making it easier and more cost-effective for all of our mobile customers to use their mobile abroad.
We’ve detailed the impact of the EU roaming regulations and how they apply to both O2 and Vodafone customers for all tariff options below:
You will be able to use your UK minutes, texts and data in O2’s European Zone (see list below), meaning you will no longer see roaming charges on your bill. This will enable flexibility when working abroad, with reduced charges. These new regulations will be rolled out across all existing and future O2 Business plans.
Included with no extra charges:
- Making and receiving calls and sending texts when you’re abroad in O2’s Europe Zone
- Calls and texts to the UK from any country within O2’s Europe Zone
- Calls and texts whilst abroad within O2’s Europe Zone to any other country within the zone
- Calls to voicemail and receiving voicemails
Affect on data usage in Europe:
- You can use your monthly data allowance whilst in O2’s Europe Zone
- When you use data in O2’s Europe Zone, it will reduce from your allowance as within the UK
- If you run out of data whilst in the O2 Europe Zone, you can buy more data – with the same options and costs as in the UK
- If you use your phone in a country outside of O2’s Europe Zone, normal roaming charges will apply
Countries covered in O2’s Europe Zone:
Austria, Azores, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canary Islands, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, French Guiana, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Guadeloupe, Guernsey, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Italy, Jersey, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Madeira, Malta, Martinique, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Reunion Islands, Romania, Saint Barthelemy, Saint Martin, San Marino, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland.
For Vodafone customers, roaming charges will be abolished in Vodafone’s Europe Zone 1, and for some in Europe Zone 2 as well.
European Roaming Changes
- Customers can use their domestic bundle allowances in Europe Zones 1 and 2
- The Euro Traveller charges will no longer apply for customers on Red plans
- Customers on the Business Sharer tariffs can use their domestic bundle allowance in Europe Zone 1 only
- Euro Traveller will be available in Europe Zone 2
Countries covered in Vodafone’s Europe Zone 1:
Austria, Balearic Islands, Belgium, Bulgaria, Canary Islands, Corsica, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, French Guiana, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Guadeloupe, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Madeira, Malta, Martinique, Mayotte, Monaco, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Reunion Islands, Romania, Saint Martin, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Vatican City.
Countries covered in Vodafone’s Europe Zone 2:
Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Faroe Islands, Guernsey, Isle of Man, Jersey, San Marino, Switzerland, Turkey.
Tariffs will be automatically updated to include EU roaming from the 15th June.
For more information/any queries about these changes, please contact Adam Sankey on +44 1732 74 41 37 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org